Friday, July 25, 2008

Just do it!

So now that I've officially kicked off this blog, I'm in a new state of mind. Normally, I'm a procrastinator. I put things off until the very last second that I can. It's always been that way for me. I have a little logistical OCD disorder in my brain that prevents me from doing anything before it's "time". Here's an example. I can't reply to an email as soon as it hits my inbox. Why? I don't know, but I just can't. I tell myself I'll wait five minutes to reply, then forget about it and two days later someone will ask "did you get that email?" Well that's no way to do business and talk to folks. When you have a conversation with people, you don't pause for five minutes to answer them? No. You answer them right away.
Here's my rationale. I've missed plenty of opportunities in my life because I can't "pull the trigger" right away. I have this uncanny ability to put off things just because I'm too logical. I missed the RedHat stock explosion back in the late 90's (I had the opportunity to buy early in the IPO), I missed the Google stock explosion and basically missed the whole tech bubble because I was too sheepish to do anything. This just causes me too much stress. I can't constantly think, what if...? That just doesn't sit right.
Like this blog. I'm going to "just do it" from now on. Who cares if I fail. If I do, I better have learned something from it and the next iteration of it will be better, faster, stronger.

Just do it damnit!!!

No comments: