Thursday, August 21, 2008

Web 2.0 Mobile

I've always been a geek. I'm geekier than most geeks, but I'm a man's geek. Lately though I've been ashamed of my geekiness. I'm lagging behind in the mobile world. I had mobile internet before there was mobile internet. I'd hook my old Palm 3C up to my Nokia 8210 via infrared, have the palm dial up some numbers and viola... mobile internet on my Palm 3C! A few phones later, I have a Palm Treo 680. This thing is the greatest thing since sliced bread, but because I'm a loser lately, I haven't done any customization.
Now that I'm moving my life to Google, I need to do mobile too. Now with the palm, I get the Palm Desktop, but I want to do everything over-the-air. GMail is easy. You just create the Versamail account according to the instructions found here. Now for the calendar, I use GooSync. Pretty easay to set up, not alot of extraneous features and pretty straight forward.

Next up, to-do's, memos, and other trivial things that I can sync.

Stay tuned.....
Average Guy X~~~~~

2 comments:

John said...

I am interested in how you like goosync. I have been thinking about using it on my MotoQ, but I am worried about battery usage.

Also, does the sync work over the air from phone to google or through palmdesktop/activesync? I always thought it used the computers synchronization program.

(You can either reply here or on the wonderful world of twitter :) ).

Just some guy (Chris Hurley) said...

GooSync is exclusively over the air from phone to google. I don't have it autosync just because I don't add or delete alot of calendar entries but it works like a charm for me. Now if I could only find that elusive task list.

(I would have replied to twitter, but I couldn't find your twitter id ;-))